Re: Query a partitoned table for data spanning in multiple partition

From: Rishi Pahuja <rishipahuja_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 6 Mar 2005 07:31:34 -0800

Guys I have found the solution.

The concept to use to different partition data is called patition prunining.

This comes to picture when we specify the partitioning key in the where clause of the query.

So solution to my original query will become something like...

Select * from SALES where tran_month_key in (200501, 200502);

Here the table SALES is paritioned on month basis, and the key is tran_month_key, now when oracle engine finds this in where clause it will automatically pick data only from the required partitions.

Thanks,
Rishi Received on Sun Mar 06 2005 - 09:31:34 CST