Re: Version control of Oracle Stored Objects.

From: Marc Blum <blum_at_marcblum.de>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 09:19:06 +0100

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 15:28:44 -0800, DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:

>The real BDFH builds a DDL trigger that raises an exception with all DDL
>on the database and another that audits it. He/she then disables the
>first trigger whenever making changes leaving the second one to create
>the audit trail.

In my experience, production DBAs aren't knowledgeable enough to do this. We had to ensure from development, that "unplanned" changes won't happen. The described triggers are part of our products/projects.

Sorry, but to often I have to tell prod DBAs, how to secure the production db. Bad trained monkeys.

--
Marc Blum
mailto:blumNOSPAM_at_marcblum.de