Re: Win32 client / sqlplus OR msql / Driver problem

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 4 Mar 2005 14:14:08 -0800

mcode wrote:
> > 1) Does Oracle lite client come with jdbc drivers?
>
> Yes, that's the reason I use the following command line :
> msql sys/password_at_jdbc:oracle:thin:@saturne.sub.xaymaca.net:1521:orcl
> The string "jdbc:oracle:thin:" is reffering to the driver.
>
> > 2) Look for classesxxx.zip or classesxxx.jar files in your Oracle
home.
> > If you find one then you may have to include it in the classpath.
>
> Yes that's the first thing I did and it is in the Classpath
> environment variable.
>
> > 4) It may all be listed in Oracle lite client documentation.
Searching
> > for msql.exe at http://tahiti.oracle.com yields 0 results so can't
> > point you there.
>

> Anyway thanks for these information. I'm still unable to use
MSQL.EXE,
> that makes me crazy but there are alternatives (unsecure) like
> connecting directly to the back-end database with Oracle Entreprise
> Manager but only system accounts can log and this is a security flaw
> while through internet...

The msql executable requires that JRE 1.3, or JDK 1.3, be installed. Has this been done? It is not clear from your postings if this has been completed or not; I would presume it hasn't.

Please provide more information regarding this installation so someone can better assist you.

And, as was said before, do not generalise about the members of this newsgroup, since we could easily make generalisations about you based upon the content of your posts.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri Mar 04 2005 - 16:14:08 CST