Re: Event 'db file seq. read' stuck for hours on the same file#/block# ?

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 21:28:24 GMT

I don't know if someone suggested this.

But I had a case like this today, where PL/SQL was stuck in an infinite loop doing select.. the seconds did seem to accumulate instead of being 0 all the time (which is either a bug, or oracle just doesn't care to differentiate between different calls to the same statement).

-A

On 28 Feb 2005 07:53:46 -0800, spendius_at_muchomail.com (Spendius) wrote:

>Hi,
>We have a procedure that makes the sessions that call it hang for
>hours, and I see in V$SESSION_WAIT the event 'db file sequential
>read' showing the same file number and block number ALL THE TIME
>it keeps hanging (in fact I never waited until it ended but always
>killed the sessions).
>
>Is it a normal behaviour ? It's all the more peculiar as the file and
>block id's point to an index block, created on a empty table !
>Nothing moves, everything seems to be stalled to death. The fields
>p1/p2/p3text and p1/p2/p3 keep showing me the same file#, block# and
>blocks values: 12, 37173, 1...
>
>Any idea about what's going on please ?
>(Oracle 8.1.7.4 64-bit on Solaris 8)
>
>Thanks.

We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 and 9.2.0.5 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Fri Mar 04 2005 - 15:28:24 CST