Re: How to order by non database columns in forms?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 08:52:11 -0800

oracleguru_at_lycos.com wrote:

> Ouch !!!
>
> There is a TSUNAMI of bad behavior in this newsgroup for quite sometime
> from a very few participants. I don't frequent this news group as much
> as I used to do.
>
> The reply begs for lack of intuition, interpretation, inference and
> deduction of the question on the part of DA Morgan. That is what we
> are supposed to learn in college, and he is a college Instructor ? Dah
> ?
>
> I perfectly understood your question and it does not require me
> to know the version of Oracle forms etc. Unfortunately, I do not have
> an answer right now. I tried that long time ago and I do not remember
> if I succeded or failed. If I recall, you can order only by database
> table columns and not even by :block_name.column_name, but I could be
> wrong.
>
> Anyway, try your queries at
> http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jsp?forum=82 for forms questions.
> There are other forums there too spanning different Oracle topics.
> You may have to become member of Oracle Technology Network, which is
> free. Employees who work for oracle and other participants will
> courteously answer your questions.
>
> Oracleguru

It is my bad behavior that I don't know what version you are using? Shame on me.
I should have used my intuition.
Shame on me.
You are an "Oracleguru" so why should you have posted that info?

And exactly what was the "problem" you were asking for help on? Oh shame on me I should have used my intuition to ferret that out too.

Here's what you wrote and I quote:
"I'm having a problem in order by non database columns in oracle forms. Anybody have any solution for the same."

Please point out to all exactly how from this one can determine what the problem is by intuition. The only tsunami around here I have seen is the lack of personal responsibility by persons expecting others to help them for free.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington