Re: Question re basic replication

From: Ingo Peters <ipeters_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 22:43:33 -0600

On 2005-03-02, Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote:
> I did not describe that; you conveniently snipped the quote
> out of context.

Sorry that you feel that way. It didn't snip anything to intentionally make a point, just that what I thought was relevant.

> And by doing so, you also fail to quote the fact that fast
> refreshes are not in order here; fast refreshes propagate
> the *changes* (the alter, delete, alter, delete, etc stuff
> that was in my original post).

After rereading the OP's response I have to say I misread what is required and agree with you now. He's looking for a way to test updated data before rolling it out. Replication is not, in fact, the right approach.

Ingo Received on Thu Mar 03 2005 - 22:43:33 CST