Re: Oracle upgrade MSCG

From: yls177 <yls177_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Mar 2005 17:40:41 -0800

DA Morgan wrote:
> yls177 wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> >
> >>From the SAP installation guide, its advisable to create a separate
new
> > /oracle filesystem. In a HP MSCG, with 2 nodes and one package, is
it
> > possible to have /oracle filesystem not in the share volume group?
> >
> > Please advise
>
> Based on what little you have posted I can't imagine anyone being
able
> to help you.
>
> Please reread your post. Do you see any version numbers? Do you see
any
> operating system info? Do you see any statement whether 2 nodes means
> RAC or is refering to something else?
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace 'x' with 'u' to respond)

  1. B3935DA A.11.12 MC / Service Guard
  2. HPUX 11.0
  3. 2 nodes means my HPUX ServiceGuard has a productive node and a adoptive node with one package
  4. Current Oracle is 8.1.7 to upgrade to 9.2.0.5

Let me restate my question.

Curently, my /oracle is on /. However, SAP Oracle upgrade guides needs an additional 500MB for /oracle. Therefore, there is a need to create a new /oracle filesystem. Yup, the scenario to create /oracle as a filesystem is as below

  1. as a local filesystem
  2. as a filesystem which is in the package control script in the section like ""LV[0]=/dev/pvg70/plvol78; FS[0]=/oracle/PRD; FS_MOUNT_OPT[0]="-o rw""" so that this is failed over as well.

In additional, i noticed that /oracle contains stuff which are not really needed for a necessary startup of SAP/ORACLE. Please advise. Received on Thu Mar 03 2005 - 19:40:41 CST