Associative arrays in Oracle PL/SQL as parameters, use with Java

From: <googledude_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Mar 2005 14:46:15 -0800

Is it possible to pass Oracle associative arrays as PL/SQL parameters ? I have basically gone through a bunch of articles on Oracle's site, google, search engine. I have yet to find any decent examples of using associative arrays as parameters.

I am shocked/surprised that a company of the size of oracle has such poor search tools on their web site with tons of irrelevant information. I also tried to look through the O'Reilly books on PL/SQL (3rd edition). The book has no contextual coverage on my problem (it is loaded with elementary type information and examples). As you can tell, I am frustrated and can't find any in-depth coverage on this issue.

  1. Can I use associative arrays (specifically the ones indexed by varchar2) as parameters between various pl/sql functions/procedures ?
  2. What, if any, corresponding data structures and constructs can be used on the java side to map to associative arrays (NO, i am not interested in using varrays and/or nested tables).
  3. Anyone care to share any examples that use these features ?

Thanks humbly for your help in advance! Received on Thu Mar 03 2005 - 16:46:15 CST