.net and oracle's (10G) object relational features ?

From: steph <stephan0h_at_gmx.net>
Date: 3 Mar 2005 10:21:28 -0800

Hi,

We're evaluating pros and cons of using Oracle's object relational features together with a .Net application. Currently this application uses pure SQL, i.e. objects are transformed into table records bofore they are put into/outof the database. I found in Oracle's documentation something about creating a layer of object-views above the relational model, thus an object oriented application would communicate with a database by just transferring objects.

Has anybody done something like this with .net? Are there any performance issues? Are Oracle's .Net-interfaces supporting this at all?

Thanks for all the input,
Stephan Received on Thu Mar 03 2005 - 12:21:28 CST