Re: Oracle Client Tools

From: Steen Persson <steen_p_at_REMOVEmail.dk>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 16:21:15 +0100

Hi Frank

I'm now about to download the full client, and then I'll take it from there. I might be able to use the ODBC driver, but I just don't know how to set it up. The descriptions I've found, tells me to install the Oracle Client tools and SQL*Net and then from the Oracle tools setup an SQL*NEt Alias for my Oracle server/database. Then I can set up a linked server in Ms SQL using the alias specified.
There might be other ways of doing it, but I simply can't find it anywhere.

Regards
Steen