Re: Not in Italy (was: Book with Oracle 9i Trial)

From: GreyBeard <Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 12:34:02 GMT

Ummm... shall we get back to comparing apples and bananas?

I agree Oracle has been shrinking the total life span of a version somewhat. But when looking at the desupport dates and end of life stuff, look at the terminal release, not any arbitrary release.

8i came in 3 releases

  8iR1 was 8.1.5
  8iR2 was 8.1.6
  8iR3 was 8.1.7

9i came in 2 releases

  9iR1 was 9.0.1
  9iR2 was 9.2.0

10g so far has 2 releases

  10gR1
  10gR2

Please compare the life of (8iR1 vs 9iR1 vs 10gR1) and the life of (8iR3 vs 9iR2 vs 10gR2).

Thx/FGB Received on Thu Mar 03 2005 - 06:34:02 CST