Re: Not in Italy (was: Book with Oracle 9i Trial)

From: Cris Carampa <cris119_at_operamail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 09:26:57 +0100

DA Morgan wrote:

>> What's so BAD about running an earlier release (as long as it's not
>> antedeluvian) ? I much prefer leave to the OTHERS the suffering for
>> the bugs
>> that oracle left in their new software release, and install it when
>> it's a
>> bit more stable. And God knows that software in general is unstable in
>> these days of bloating (and offshoring)

> Were it true that there were more bugs in 10gR1 than in 9.2.0.6 I would
> agree. But I see no evidence to support that contention.

Another point: before 10g the terminal release of a major version had a longer life that any other releases of the next major version. I know that, according to Metalink, at the moment 10.1's life is 19 months longer that 9.2's, but who assures us that things won't change with the arrival of 10.2?

Kind regards,

--
Cris Carampa (cris119_at_operamail.com)

- We're gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what's Fonzie like?
- Cool?