Re: Tbsp created à la old fashion on 9i yet EXTENT_MANAGEMENT='LOCAL'

From: Spendius <spendius_at_muchomail.com>
Date: 2 Mar 2005 23:52:17 -0800

Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote...
> >How come I see all my tablespaces created with explicit
> >storage clauses on a 9i DB appear with SYS.TS$.BITMAPPED
> >different of 0 (and thus DBA_TABLESPACES.EXTENT_MANAGEMENT
> >with the value 'LOCAL') ?
> >(besides where does the value of BITMAPPED in SYS.TS$ come
> >from ?, I have 32, 256 and 2560)
>
> Locally managed is the default. If you didn't specify dictionary
> managed, your storage clauses were probably ignored, as they should
> have been.

I admit I didn't specify any explicit EXTENT MANAGEMENT clause, believing that putting the DEFAULT STORAGE would make it dict. managed automatically.

> Why do you want to stick to dictionary managed? Want to stay busy
> with boring work?

Maak je geen zorgen: we're just migrating to 9i (the next steps are: ALTER TABLE .. MOVE TABLESPACE <local. managed tbsp name> and then
DROP TABLESPACE <dict. managed tbsp name> INCLUDING CONTENTS AND DBF)...

Bedankt voor je antwoord.
Sp Received on Thu Mar 03 2005 - 01:52:17 CST