Re: Performance problem: anything else I can do to make this faster?

From: <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2 Mar 2005 12:46:11 -0800

0 physical reads.
I think that you need to increase your storage subsystem ;)

2 SQL*Net roundtrips to/from client
you need to implement trunked GigE. ;P

you're performing 1.4 million gets.
how can you reduce the number of blocks being scanned?

you're performing aggregations in these queries. the fastest way to reduce the number of blocks that will be visited is for you to leverage materialized views. with the results pre-aggregated (summarized) you will drastically reduce the number of consistent gets.

If the statements were highly selective, I would have recommended you investigate the use of bitmap indexes ... if the data is almost read only.

Check out the performance tuning guide and data warehousing guide for your version of Oracle (9i R1 or 9i R2).

-bdbafh Received on Wed Mar 02 2005 - 14:46:11 CST