Re: Bi-directional data synchronization with basic replication

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 15:18:54 +0100

Romi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would have one central database and two sites databases, all oracle
> 10g standard edition.
> Site 1 and 2 will have their own set of data while central database
> will have data from both sites as well as its own data. Each set of
> data is identified by site_id.
>
> Data can be added/modified/deleted in site database as well as central
> database.
>
> Thus there is a need for bidirectional data synchronization with
> conflict resolution through timestamp.
>
> I am planning to create tables in central database and updatable
> materialized views in site databases. data synchronization will happen
> every 3 hours.
>
> Is this supported in Oracle 10g standard edition i.e. with basic
> replication ? Info available w.r.t. basic replication is very
> confusing :-(
>
> Thanks,
> Romi

AFAIK, replication of updateable materialized views is Advanced Replication, not basic. Conflict resolution is adv., too.

However, that is not the 10G term anymore, Streams is. You're talking Multiple Source Replication (Ch 14 Oracle Streams Replication Admin Mnl, b10728.pdf)

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel