Re: Question re basic replication

From: Ingo Peters <ipeters_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 07:17:18 -0600

On 2005-03-01, Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote:
> And yes - this can be done on the remote side/sites;
> just create refresh packages/procedures, and call
> these from the master site.
>
> But I fail to see what this has to do with replication
> as I know it.

Well, what you've described, i.e. refresh packages/procedures, is what replication is. I don't see anything wrong with wanting to propogate tables to other dbs. But perhaps another approach would be to use daily fast refreshes (perhaps even every hour or so) instead of complete refreshes. That way you're only refreshing what has actually changed without needing to initiate the data push from the master. If no data has changed on the master then the operation wouldn't take too long.

Ingo Received on Wed Mar 02 2005 - 07:17:18 CST