Re: Which Linux for Oracle 9i on AMD Opteron?

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 09:50:07 +0100

DA Morgan wrote:

> Frank van Bortel wrote:
>

>> Fabrizio wrote:

>>> You would lose support from both: Oracle and the Linux vendor. :(
>>>

>> What - for creating my own kernel? Leaving out all these
>> obsolete options?
>

> Your question, I hope, is rhetorical.

No.
Even RH updates the kernel - I would then loose Oracle support? Sounds like you buy a car ("GM advises to use Mobil"), and get refused with the garage because you could only find Shell. [Mobil ceased to exist some time ago in Europe]

I find it very strange, if true at all.

Just to clarify things; I am not altering source code, I'm merely leaving out, and adding bits to the kernel, I want in there. The "standard" kernel usually is far too big, and carries too much options to my liking.
It's a security thing of mine.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel