Re: Problem with "Host Command" in Form4.5 with XP

From: BuMohammad <bumohammad_at_gmail.com>
Date: 1 Mar 2005 20:12:24 -0800

Guys we found the solution. It was simple. The issue was waiting until the Host Command finished. So we just added a message between the Host Command and reading of the output of this file. The only draw back is that the operator needs to press the ok button, which was not the case in the NT. Anyway I think it is time to move to upper version of Oracle tool.

Example:
host('ReadWt.exe 5' '||fname,NO_SCREEN); change_alert('Please capture weight FIRST, and then press OK to continue ....');
ifile := TEXT_IO.FOPEN(fname,'R') ; Received on Tue Mar 01 2005 - 22:12:24 CST