Re: Event 'db file seq. read' stuck for hours on the same file#/block# ?

From: Haximus <e_at_t.me>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 22:46:12 GMT

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 16:22:48 GMT, "Haximus" <e_at_t.me> wrote:
>

>>Excessive amount of wait time on library cache latches?  This can happen
>>when massive amounts of SQL parsing takes place, causes lots of library
>>cache latch demand.  What does the entire SELECT look like.... are there
>>literals embedded in it that would cause it to be reparsed every time,
>>instead of reused from the library cache?
>>

> Please stop posting this mess.
> If you submit an identical statement with identical literals for the
> second time it has the same hash value and it is only soft-parsed.
>
> I haven't seen such utter rubbish in this group for ages.

Unless the statement is using concatenation operators in the expressions and the literals are not identical, in which case it will require re-parsing. That's why I asked the poster to show the statement here. And your offering/suggestion/fix was what... again? Received on Tue Mar 01 2005 - 16:46:12 CST