Re: Event 'db file seq. read' stuck for hours on the same file#/block# ?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 23:29:55 +0100

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 08:29:03 GMT, "Haximus" <e_at_t.me> wrote:

>All I was suggesting is to check if the session is hung on a latch request:
>
>select * from v$session_wait sw, v$latchname ln where sw.p2=ln.latch# where
>sw.sid=###
>
>Are all you DBA fixtures here such ogres? ;)

latch requests are latch requests, and have nothing to do with sequential read.
You are by far the worst source of misinformation here and and would advise everyone not to follow up on your postings. You really don't know what you are talking about.
I would consider it unprofessional to let 'advise' like this passed without warning.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA