Re: alter system archive log stop;

From: Tof <None_at_ForNotSpam>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 22:19:59 +0100

Frank van Bortel wrote:
> Tof wrote:
>

>>> There is a difference between a database in archive log
>>> *mode* and an archive process *running*.
>>> You stopped the latter, and queried the former.
>>

>> Can you give me a example.
>>
>> Thanks

> Query v$database (Archive Log Mode, or NoArchive log mode, as well
> as automatic or manual archiving) and v$archive_processes.

Excuse me, but i see in v$database and i see just LOG_MOD, it's for mod of database.
I try the "alter system archive log " STOP and START but same in v$archive_processes, two defaut process are active.

SQL> select * from v$archive_processes;

    PROCESS STATUS LOG_SEQUENCE STAT ---------- ---------- ------------ ----

          0 ACTIVE                0 IDLE
          1 ACTIVE                0 IDLE
          2 STOPPED               0 IDLE
          3 STOPPED               0 IDLE
          4 STOPPED               0 IDLE
          5 STOPPED               0 IDLE
          6 STOPPED               0 IDLE
          7 STOPPED               0 IDLE
          8 STOPPED               0 IDLE
          9 STOPPED               0 IDLE

10 rows selected.

Thanks
Christophe Received on Tue Mar 01 2005 - 15:19:59 CST