C# / ODP for .NET / Oracle 10g DB

From: mcode <microcode2004_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 Mar 2005 05:55:45 -0800

Hi

I've installed the Oracle Data Provider for .NET

I can connect to the remote database with sqlplus

I can connect to the remote database through ODBC data sources, and I have added a data source for this remote database

While trying to connect with C# in VS.NET I always have error TNS-12154 I checked the TNSNAMES.ORA file on client machine

I rebuilt the TNSNAMES.ORA file from Oracle net manager

I tried odbc user data source for DSN

I tried odbc system data source for DSN

But this error is still here...

C# code :

string constr = "User Id=master;Password=mox477uirvk4vk;Data Source=orcl";
OracleConnection con = new OracleConnection(constr); con.Open();
Console.WriteLine("Connected to database!");

Thanks if anyone can help :) Received on Tue Mar 01 2005 - 07:55:45 CST