Re: new to Oracle's miracle.

From: GreyBeard <Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:50:34 GMT

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 08:34:20 -0800, oracle.is.a.miracle wrote:

> Thank's for u advice to the beginner.
>
> Wanna keep in touch with u.
>
> Thanks once again!

PLEASE keep in touch through the news group, not thru email as my schedule is becoming hectic and I may not be able to respond in a timely manner. Besides, there are many areas in which the knowledge of others in this group significantly exceeds mine.

There are a pretty dedicated group of individuals who respond here. Just learn to ignore the crusty style of comments that we use.

Oracle is extremely feature rich, but many don't know what Oracle can do. We've seen many occasions of people chasing down non-optimal solution patterns. When asking things here, tell us *why* you are trying to accomplish something - that allows us to provide alternate solutions, if relevant.

The best responses in this group come when you

  1. Provide operating system version info;
  2. provide Oracle version;
  3. explain what you're trying to do or understand (and why);
  4. show what you've tried or how you understand it;
  5. ask for confirmation or correction.

/FGB FGB Received on Mon Feb 28 2005 - 12:50:34 CST