Re: Oracle backup/recovery

From: Dale DeRemer <dderemer_nospam_at_agmc.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:58:46 -0500

> That you are not using RMAN is not a reason to continue not using RMAN.
> Change your practice.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan

It's not a religious objection to rman. It's our management's zeal to be cheap. rman requires a "connector" to Veritas. That is, more money to Veritas. Once the ORACLE folks told our management there was a way to do it without rman, I was sunk. I do try to make sure I get a cold backup periodically. However, media failures happen. So, I'm trying to plan ahead. It seems somehow this rankles you. Received on Mon Feb 28 2005 - 11:58:46 CST