Re: Problem with Computed Column

From: TheanKeong <theankeong_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Feb 2005 00:44:20 -0800

Hi Morgan,
Thanks for the reccomendation of the book. Will take a look in the market to get one.

Actually i dont think I am aliasing the column in the WHERE clause

(select pd_type from dbo.party_dtl where pd_id=(select ceh_pt_id from dbo.crm_events_hdr where ceh_id=ced_ceh_id) and pd_type in('C','P')) as

Pd_Type,

The intention of this subselect is to Select the pd_type value from dbo.party_dtl that exists in the crm_events_dtl. Maybe I am new and inexperienced, but i cant see the problem that u mentioned.

As for the CASE problem that u highlight, I did saw this example written in Oracle SQL Reference pdf file which I downloaded from Oracle. I have other SQL statements which uses similar CASE statement and have successfully executed. I understand your worry but I cant see the severity of the problem ...

Forgive me if I cant see and understand what u r trying to point me to. I do realize that I have much to learn on Oracle. I am actually learning with now .....

Thanks for your advice
Kwan Received on Mon Feb 28 2005 - 02:44:20 CST