Re: Win32 client / sqlplus OR msql / Driver problem

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 Feb 2005 14:32:24 -0800

> > On 25 Feb 2005 06:26:38 -0800, microcode2004_at_hotmail.com (mcode)
> > wrote:
> >

> > >How to reinstall this driver for this jdbc connection string to
work
> > >properly ?
> >
> > sqlplus doesn't use jdbc at all. You need to set up an tnsnames.ora
> > and use the service_name in your tnsnames.ora as connection string.
>
> but exactly the same error when the parameter string is used with
msql

This connect string will not work with sqlplus as you are trying to use. This is already pointed out. Now, are you trying to connect to Oracle database or msql (I assume you are saying Sql Server?). If it's Sql server then you are in the wrong NG.

Please describe in detail what exactly you are trying to do instead of just posting one liners. We can't read your mind :>).

Regards
/Rauf Received on Sun Feb 27 2005 - 16:32:24 CST