Re: Would be really nice if...

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:54:51 -0800

Haximus wrote:

> "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message
>

>>On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 04:10:36 GMT, "Haximus" <e_at_t.me> wrote:
>>

>>>Danny boy... that's why Oracle has made such a great effort to integrate
>>>Java into their product... it's a major selling point. You can run Java
>>>directly on Oracle, even native, on the server, middle tier,
>>>client-side...
>>>heck, I can even run it on my cell phone! Try that with that PL/SQL.
>>>
>>>I'm sure you know your pl/sql well... but talk about a one trick pony!
>>>

>>Pl/sql is far more efficient than any Java crap you may write on your
>>cell phone.
>>Maybe you should just wake up and *learn* Oracle instead of trying to
>>make the product fully unusable by syntax 'additions' only the lazy
>>need.
>

> Sybrand, PL/SQL is indeed very efficient... I won't argue that point when it
> comes to traditional list/tabular style processing.  I do know Oracle and I
> know what gets my work done, and it isn't PL/SQL... are you familiar with
> KKT?

You might wish to re-read the emails you have posted here in the last week or two. Two weeks ago you were an OO expert with minimal PL/SQL skills. Now you think you are a DBA and PL/SQL coding expert. My suspcision is that you are a troll from the past come back under a new nome de plume in the hopes that we won't find you as reprehensible as before: That is not the case. Even a year is not enough to forget your lack of style.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington