Re: 10g, RH4 and AMD64

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:43:00 -0800

mtony75_at_gmail.com wrote:

> I have been looking everywhere for real benchmarks of Oracle on OS/X
> vs. Solaris, Linux, and Windows. Can you point out any? Would would
> help a lot in some research me and my friends are doing for work.
>
> Tony Fleming

The only OS/X benchmarks I am aware of we have generated here and I am not yet at liberty to publish them. But they are well within the norm for other brands of Linux or better. Certainly better than Windows.

We should be giving them to Oracle and Apple in a WebCast next month and then, if permission is granted, the numbers will be published, though probably in a Whitepaper.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington