Functions returning tables

From: Paulos <paulos_at_skynet.be-nospam>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 15:52:17 +0100

A colleague at work suggested that it is possible to create a function in Oracle 9i that can be used in a select statement to return all or part of a table...

some thing like

Create function GetTable

as

return select * from foo;

end;

The idea being to then se the function in a select something along the lines of

Select * from GetTable

I am not familiar with this functionality in Oracle 9i and I can't find anything that makes sense to me in the help files or out on the net

Does anyone know if this sort of thing is possible and if so what the correct syntax is in the function and in the select that calls it?

TIA Paulos Received on Sat Feb 26 2005 - 08:52:17 CST