Re: Oracle Patch

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 25 Feb 2005 05:51:57 -0800

snip

> I think it's not necessary because if you create a database in an
> installation(with an database) patched like in the documenation
written,
> you don't have to apply the patches on an additional created
database.
> Because I'm not sure about my considerations, I hope you can help me.

>From a software only install, when the patchset is applied, the scripts
that will be run when you create a database, get upgraded.

So when you create a database after a patchset has been applied it is now at the correct version matching against the patchset applied (except when oracle goofs in the patch maintenance process ... it happens sometimes). Received on Fri Feb 25 2005 - 07:51:57 CST