C - Oracle Connection Getting Lost !!

From: alok <alok01in_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Feb 2005 04:57:31 -0800

Hello All,

I am relatively new to Oracle and started working on a Server application written in C/pro*C. This application connects a remote Oracle DataBase 9i running in redhat linux 8.0, using the oracle client 9.2.0.4.

The Server application fork serveral child process, and each one keep the connection with the database to server clients.

But after several transactions with the DataBase, the process is getting locked waiting for answer from oracle, and sometime the database connection is lost. every now and then i restart the application it works fine. but again same problem.

I found the following information in the Database Server trace Log file

ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [16365], [0x59F5236C], [0], [4], [], [], [], []
Sat Oct 30 15:33:20 2004
found dead shared server 'S000', pid = (10, 23)

ocassionally i encounter with ORA- 03113 end of file on communication channel error message, also.

So can any one please give some idea or solution to trace the exact problem, what could be the issue with the oracle server or with my application.

with thanks
alok Received on Fri Feb 25 2005 - 06:57:31 CST