Re: Oracle Patch

From: Dusan Bolek <spambin_at_seznam.cz>
Date: 24 Feb 2005 23:28:34 -0800

karembeu_at_beer.com wrote:
> Hello !!
>
> I'm having a question about patching an Oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0)
"software
> only" installation. Is it necessary after applying the patches to do
an
> startup migrate (and so on) like suggested in the documentation, if
you
> create a new database ????
>
> I think it's not necessary because if you create a database in an
> installation(with an database) patched like in the documenation
written,
> you don't have to apply the patches on an additional created
database.
> Because I'm not sure about my considerations, I hope you can help me.

You wrote about "startup migrate". What you want to startup if you have no database at that time? So that's the answer to your question. All of these steps has to be performed only if there is already created database, otherwise only upgrade the software and you're in.

--
Dusan Bolek
http://www.db-support.com

Email: spambin_at_seznam.cz
Pls add "Not Guilty" to the subject, otherwise your email will face an
unpleasant end as SPAM.