Oracle Patch

From: <karembeu_at_beer.com>
Date: 25 Feb 2005 00:29:03 -0600

Hello !!

I'm having a question about patching an Oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0) "software only" installation. Is it necessary after applying the patches to do an startup migrate (and so on) like suggested in the documentation, if you create a new database ????

I think it's not necessary because if you create a database in an installation(with an database) patched like in the documenation written, you don't have to apply the patches on an additional created database. Because I'm not sure about my considerations, I hope you can help me.

TIA Mips Received on Fri Feb 25 2005 - 00:29:03 CST