Re: Boy Scouts and Morse Code on parade

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 24 Feb 2005 22:00:30 -0800

skearney_at_accessbee.com wrote:
> When I was in boy scouts, as part of learning Morse code, I was told
> that the inventor of the typewriter originally put the letter 'e'
under
> the left middle finger, just below its present position. The typist
> was often too fast and the print bars would jam. I heard the same
> story when I took a typing class. This led me to wonder if 't' might
> have been moved from the home row for the same reason. 'E is dit and
> is dash, under middle and index the print bars would clash'.
> If e and t on the home row made the human 'typewriter' too fast for
the
> machine, now that the machine can keep up, wouldn't it be a good idea
> to put these letters back where they belong?
<BIG snip>

Possibly the Smithsonian might be interested in your historic perspectives, or perhaps some second-rate publishing house may be equally enamored of your rambling prose, however it has no place in comp.databases.oracle.server, no matter how you try to label it.

Please take your verbiage elsewhere. Oh, and apologise to the group for your spam.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri Feb 25 2005 - 00:00:30 CST