Re: missing some sys.tables

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Feb 2005 11:11:11 -0800

Frank Dietrich wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think here are some fixed tables lost.
>
> Following select will return 271 entries (Oracle 8i)
>
> select name from v$fixed_table where name like 'X$%';
>
> but this will return no entry
>
> select object_name from all_objects where object_name like 'X$%';
>
> I found this behavior because the script session_cursor_cache.sql
> (from Steve Adams) need an table sys.x$kglcursor. Is there any way to

> restore the missing tables?
>
> Frank

X$ objects are hidden and are only accessable by SYS. You can't even do a desc on e.g. X$KQFTA shown in v$fixed_table view although if you do select * from X$KQFTA;, it will return rows. This is from 8i,

SQL> desc X$KQFTA
Object X$KQFTA does not exist.

SQL> select count(*) from X$KQFTA;

  COUNT(*)

       258

That is why you don't see them in all_objects or dba_objects in 8i. In 9i, there are 5 X$ objects that show as referred to by Mark in his post... But these are synonyms.

I wouldn't mess around with X$ objects unless like Daniel mentioned... if it ain't broke... then don't try to fix it.

Regards
/Rauf Received on Thu Feb 24 2005 - 13:11:11 CST