Re: missing some sys.tables

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:01:17 -0800

Frank Dietrich wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I think here are some fixed tables lost.
>
> Following select will return 271 entries (Oracle 8i)
>
> select name from v$fixed_table where name like 'X$%';
>
> but this will return no entry
>
> select object_name from all_objects where object_name like 'X$%';
>
> I found this behavior because the script session_cursor_cache.sql (from
> Steve Adams) need an table sys.x$kglcursor. Is there any way to restore
> the missing tables?
>
> Frank

SQL> @$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catalog.sql
SQL> @$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catalog.sql;
SQL> @$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catblock.sql;
SQL> @$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catproc.sql;

Is one place to consider starting. But before you do I'd suggest the following:

SELECT owner, object_type, COUNT(*)
FROM dba_objects
WHERE status = 'INVALID'
GROUP BY owner, object_type;

If you haven't got a problem ... you haven't got a problem ... so don't create one.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington