Re: Oracle Lite : Pb while launching MSQL.EXE

From: mcode <microcode2004_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Feb 2005 06:47:31 -0800

"Dusan Bolek" <spambin_at_seznam.cz> wrote in message news:<1109241929.411839.124800_at_o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>...
> mcode wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > When I try to launch MSQL.EXE I have the following error :
> > "Unable to create JVM. You need jre/jdk 1.3.1 or higher"
> >
> > But the JRE/JDK is ok :
> > E:\mobileclient\bin>java -version
> > java version "1.3.1_01"
> > Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1_01)
> > Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.1_01, mixed mode)
> >
> > Thank you if anyone can help :)
>
> Wondering where is Oracle Server in this problem, but I will try to
> help anyway. While having similar problems the first thing I'm looking
> at is *WHICH* JRE is used by offended program. It is quite common to
> have more of these beasts (after instalations of several products) in
> different directories and sometimes the used one is not the one last
> installed.

In this problem Oracle Server is away ;) Oracle mobile client for WIN32 is concerned... More precisely Oracle Lite 10g for WIN32.

The problem is now solved :

1- I've added a more recent JRE/JSDK (1.4.xxx)
2- I've added the path to this recent SDK in system properties
3- MSQL.EXE is now OK

But there is still a strange thing :
A- Why MSQL.EXE need a JRE to run, as it is an EXE ? EXE files ain't them native executable files or .NET executable files ? B- If this EXE file needs a JRE, why does it not run with the JRE installed with Oracle Lite 10g (1.3.1), as we have to install another JRE for it to run (1.4.xxx)...

Anyway, thanks Received on Thu Feb 24 2005 - 08:47:31 CST