Re: New user / DBA

From: jay <kavanaughtj_at_nnsy.navy.mil>
Date: 24 Feb 2005 05:24:18 -0800

GreyBeard wrote:
> You don't mention which version of Oracle.
>
> To learn a bit, I highly recommend using version 9i Release 2 (still
> downloadable) so that you can follow the install method and
walk-throughs
> shown in the "Oracle By Example" [OBE] online tutorials at
> http://otn.oracle.com
>
> Once you have run the tutorials for 9i, the fact that the 10g OBE is
on
> Linux should not be an issue at all, and you will be able to walk
thru
> those if you need 10g.
>
> PLEASE - feel free to ask any questions, but also tell us what you've
> tried.
>
> FGB
Thanks for your help. I can't seem to get to the web site you referneced. I keep getting sent to www.oracle.com.

I am installing 9i2.

I deinstalled the sofware only version and am in the process if installing the the general purpose version on my c: drive.

I got screen that asked me to change the password for sys and system. I switched to the help screen to see if I could get some clarification and when I went back that screen was gone and now I have the configuration tools screen up.

It shows that the net configuration assistant was successfully installed and the database configuration assistant install has been in progress for quite awhile. There is a button to stop the install and I clicked it but nothing happened. I've been getting a short flashes on my hard drive. I have no idea how long this is supposed to take.

Thanks again for any insight you can provide. I just need to get this installed and then the Artemis software will get installed and that will be my interface with this product. I just need it to run Artemis scheduling software. Received on Thu Feb 24 2005 - 07:24:18 CST