Good sources for Oracle tunig

From: Ramboost <ramboost_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Feb 2005 07:05:08 -0800

He everyone

I am a novice in the overwhelmingly complicateds world of Oracle. I have so far managed to set up an Oracle 9.2.0.6 on our RS/6000 running AIX 5.2. The purpose of the new database is (when everything is ready in a couple of months) datawarehousing.

Everything works fine, but I am experiencing a lot of paging when doing some calculations. The system has 12 GB of memory and my SGA is 10 GB.

My actual question is: What sources for tuning can you recommend? Any good web-sites? Any "tuning-guru-books" I must have as an upcomming wannabe DBA?

Hope you can help.

Regards

Ramboost Received on Wed Feb 23 2005 - 09:05:08 CST