Re: ORACLE.EXE still in memory after desinstall + reboot (10G)

From: GreyBeard <Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:46:59 GMT

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:01:29 -0800, ppcdev wrote:

> Hey I'm not crazy ;-) Before coming here I stopped all the Oracle
> services in the services menu of Windows and cleaned up the registry
> (Oracle keys), all that after having deinstalled Oracle DB. Do Oradim
> control the same services as ones listed in Windows system ?

I never said you're crazy. I simply said (in my experience) removing the software results in no software that can be run.

IF you deinstalled, then it is perfectly acceptable to delete the OracleHome directory tree. However, I have seen a number of people THINK they've deinstalled, when in reality they simply deleted an instance using DBCA. FGB Received on Tue Feb 22 2005 - 17:46:59 CST