Re: ORACLE.EXE still in memory after desinstall + reboot (10G)

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 Feb 2005 15:38:07 -0800

ppcdev wrote:
> Hey I'm not crazy ;-) Before coming here I stopped all the Oracle
> services in the services menu of Windows and cleaned up the registry
> (Oracle keys), all that after having deinstalled Oracle DB. Do Oradim
> control the same services as ones listed in Windows system ?

Processes don't get registered in the task manager by magic. They are all processes that were successfully launched either automatically by the OS via services or scheduler or manually started by user. In all of the above scenarios... an executable MUST exist to be launched successfully and get registered in the task manager as a unique process. Maybe you missed a step or the uninstall did not remove everything.

The ONLY sure way I have used (as mentioned by Steve) is to,

  1. Stop all Oracle related services
  2. Remove these services using tools like srvinstw.exe
  3. Delete entire Oracle directory and all sub directories.
  4. Delete ..\program files\oracle directory and all sub directories
  5. Delete HKLM\Software\Oracle registry key.
  6. Reset the user and system path and remove Oracle related entries.
  7. Reboot.

Regards
/Rauf Received on Tue Feb 22 2005 - 17:38:07 CST