Re: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:33:04 -0800

dfosgate_at_llbean.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm processing a large file with the following data:
> 0AAA320000A
> 0AAA334000A
> 0AAA343000A
> 0AAA354000A
> 0AAA365000A
> Total rows: 467381
>
> When run PL/SQL get the following error:

I would truly like to help you but I get paid by the hour. Any chance you could narrow down the exact line creating the error with some judicious usage of /* ... */?

But generally speaking this is an error message you can literally believe ... so track down the appropriate variable and column information and make sure everything is compatible with your data.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington