Corrupted empty blocks

From: Lucyna Witkowska <ypwitkow_at_nospamcyf-kr.edu.pl>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:23:13 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
We wanted to patch the database, but 9.2.0.6 patch checks that the system needs patching.
We applied system patch, but then the system crash - kernel panic (Solaris 5.8).

  1. We recovered the system, database (9.2.0.2) opens OK, but one corrupted block was signalled during full export. I dropped the table with that block, as it was a test table. Then, the full export went OK with no corrupted blocks.
  2. During the rman backup a few blocks was signalled corrupted. dbv also signalled corrupted blocks on one file. I think that blocks are empty blocks and notes on Metalink suggest no problem. But - is that really no problem?

Regards,
Lucyna Received on Tue Feb 22 2005 - 08:23:13 CST