Re: Db2, Oracle, SQL Server

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 21 Feb 2005 19:01:17 -0800

hpuxrac wrote:

> ( compared to oracle's marketing? )

No. On its own. I don't give a rat's arse about Oracle marketing. Never did.

> I did not tell anyone to take the paper seriously.

Good. Then why bring it in?

> What I said was that most oracle professionals would acknowledge that
> some of the information in there concerning oracle and rac was
correct.

Nope. All of it is incorrect.

> To then try and read and re-read the article

You're right: I should have just ignored it.

> You seem very reticent to acknowledge that anything that you say
might
> not ever be 100 percent accurate all the time.

I never pledged 100% accuracy. That's for fools and scientists, assuming they agree with each other. However when it comes to DB2 and the crap that IBM puts out about it, doesn't take science to point out the obvious.

> Is this an australian thing?

Absolutely. We also don't suffer fools gladly, don't like tall poppies and generally smell of beer. Ain't it terrible?

> Welcome to the real world!

You got it. Received on Mon Feb 21 2005 - 21:01:17 CST