Re: dirty blocks not flushed to disks?

From: Steve <ThisOne_at_Aint.valid>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:23:09 +1300

wagen123_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It appears that dirty buffers for a specific object exists in the
> buffer cache even after
> - switching through all online redo logfiles (twice)
> - alter system checkpoint
> - select * from t1
>
> is done. See example...
>
> Oracle9i 9.2.0.6 (64 bit)
> Solaris 2.6
> 8k block size

>[snip]
Why are prople still using prehistoric versions of solaris? I didn't even think 2.6 was 64 bit... in fact I thought 2.7 was the first 64 bit version.

Get this to at least 2.8, preferably 2.9 - Solaris 10 is just coming out, so 2.6 must be over 5 years old by now. That'll give yourself half a chance of getting a reliable platform to work on.

Steve