How to use OEM to monitor linux boxes without Oracle database

From: Meng <m.fangtao_at_genesis.co.nz>
Date: 21 Feb 2005 17:36:07 -0800

Hi All,
We have many linux boxes in the company. We would like to use Oracle GUI to monitor resources ,such as CPU, I/O and disk in these boxes. But we don't want to setup Oracle database in them. How can we do? I think we can install Oracle enterprise manager grid control in a server, install management agent in all other nodes, so we can use grid control to monitor all nodes.Am I right? Is Grid control within Oracle database software, or do we have to buy it separately? Thanks for your help.

David Meng Received on Mon Feb 21 2005 - 19:36:07 CST