RMAN backup to another device?

From: Cookie Monster <cookie.monster_at_somewhere.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:27:33 +0100

Hi,

Oracle 10g
Solaris 9i
RedHat 3

I would like to backup my database (using RMAN) from a Sun Solaris server to a Linux Disk based backup server. RMAN only allows backups to a local disk and not remote disks/devices unless you use some kind of media manager. Does anyone have any advice on a media manager that could achieve this? or is there a cheaper / easier solution??

Thanks,
Steve. Received on Mon Feb 21 2005 - 10:27:33 CST