Re: Installing Oracle client over existing database

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:38:26 GMT

kirtan wrote:
> Hi,
> I have Oracle 9i server installed on a machine. For some reason, the
> Oracle client has gotten messed up. Can I reinstall the client on the
> same machine? Will it affect the existing database on that machine? Do
> i have to select the same oracle home or a new one?
>
> Thanks,
> Kirtan

Please be more specific about "gotten messed up". What are you trying to do and what error do you get? Platform information would help too.

You can do a fresh install of the client-only software in a different Oracle home on the same machine, without affecting your existing database, but it shouldn't be necessary.

-Mark Bole Received on Mon Feb 21 2005 - 09:38:26 CST