Re: patch# for security alert #68

From: GreyBeard <Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 00:01:09 GMT

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 15:34:53 -0800, jdevroberto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for the patch# for security alert #68.
> I tried finding it via the patch search engine
> inside metalink; I gave up.
>
> My os: sparc solaris 64b
> My DB: 8i, 9i, 10g
>
> -thanks

That deserves a big Hmmmmmm!

On logging into metalink, I saw a 'search text' box near the top of the screen. On entering 'Alert 68' into that text box and clicking on the search button, and received no less than 100 hits.

The second hit was

Doc ID: 	Note:282426.1
Subject: 	Security Alert #68 - FAQ for Oracle Application Server Products

which has a loverly discussion about how to handle the related patches, including pointers to a note that gives the availability matrix.

FGB Received on Sun Feb 20 2005 - 18:01:09 CST