Re: Oracle 10g Install - Cannot start Enterprise Manager

From: <qnxodba_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Feb 2005 16:55:05 -0800

This is covered in some metalink notes quite well. If I recall correctly, on LINUX the part between two '_'s (underscores) is what your emctl thinks is the hostname, e.g. on windows in your case is it: "n2k.test.com"? I'm not sure about two '_'s on windows, but we can easily discern the hostname part.

Therefore,lets say your hostname is expected to be "n2k.test.com". If you cd to the oracle home, apparently c:\...\Db_2, then you probably do not have that exact directory (resulting from DBCA EM installation). If you have something close, then you might 'tweak' the hosts file as a quick fix to match things up. This is not the 'approved' solution, but it may work quickly.

I believe the approved solution is to use netca to configure the networking before installing w/DBCA. I have not worked out all the details myself, and in what situations I get this typical error, but it should be a fairly obvious fix with metalink research.

Metalink also has the commands to drop local EM and then you can use DBCA to reinstall painlessly. Good luck. HTH.

Regards,

Mike Thomas Received on Fri Feb 18 2005 - 18:55:05 CST